01 Oct Pipeline – September 2015
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- ADHD Awareness Month
- Therapeutic Summer Program – 15th
- 10/12 Columbus Day
- Diabetes Awareness Month
- 11/11 Veteran’s Day
- 11/26 Thanksgiving
- 12/1 World AIDS Day
- 12/24 & 12/25 Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
Welcome New Employees!
- Nikita Richardson, MHPP 5/26
- Dawn Fuller, RN, MHP 8/4
- Stephanie Simmons, RN, MHP 8/25
The P.A.T. Center staff recently attended an employee retreat to New Orleans., Louisiana in late August. All staff wore newly designed t-shirts with the organization logo. Everyone enjoyed a quick break before refueling for the new school year. Some of the highlight and topics addressed include: Employee Benefits, Recruitment and Retention of Professional Staff, and Summer Program Challenges
The P.A.T. Center recently wrapped up its therapeutic summer program in Pine Bluff and Little Rock. The staff provided intensive therapeutic services to over 80 clients during this time frame. Clients participated in a variety of therapeutic activities and received therapies to work on mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, impulsivity, defiance, mood instability, and disruptive behaviors.
Kudos to staff for a job well done!
- Provide mental health services to clients via therapy, medication management, education and collateral support;
- Provide a safe and humane treatment environment for staff and clients;
- Provide information on community programming and resources to strengthen the family and/or support structures;
- Provide information to reinforce individuals/family work ethics;
- Provide support, continuity of care and access to professionals and support staff; and
- Assist clients to transition challenging behaviors and unhealthy coping mechanisms/skills to normative conduct.
The vision of The P.A.T. Center is to be an honorable and professional organization through ethical and innovative leadership at all levels. The focus of treatment is on the mental health and behavioral issues, service provision in varied settings and the stability of the home life. Our aim is through the delivery of superior services. We will assist in the transition and return of productive people to the community.
Satisfaction Surveys 2nd Quarter
The P.A.T. Center provides surveys to monitor satisfaction with Mental Health Professional and Paraprofessional Services and Psychiatric Services. Our focus is on access to services, efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction. Below are results for the 2nd quarter by age group and staff type.
Mental Health Professional Services
Under 21 – 86% Were Highly Satisfied or Satisfied
Adults – 82% Were Highly Satisfied or Satisfied
Mental Health Paraprofessional Services
Under 21 – 88% Were Highly Satisfied or Satisfied
Adults – 76% Were Highly Satisfied
Under 21 – 93% Were Very Satisfied or Satisfied
Adults – 82% – Were Very Satisfied or Satisfied